phrase. If you tell someone that something is a good bet, you are suggesting that it is the thing or course of action that they should choose. [informal] Textiles are a good bet for a country bent on industrialisation.
What would be a good bet?
If something is a good bet or a safe bet, it is a sensible or useful thing to do or use. If you’re after something smart to wear to a friend’s wedding, a dark suit has to be a good bet.
What is the best bet?
Your best bet is the action that is most likely to be successful: If you want to get to the station before ten o’clock, your best bet would be to take a cab. Want to learn more?
What is the phrase bet?
Bet! Bet is a slang term of affirmation, agreement, or approval along the lines of “Cool!” or “I’m down!” It can also suggest doubt or disbelief: “Yeah, sure.”
What are good bets to make friends?
Fun Bets with Friends that are not money related
- Changing team names.
- Cooking a meal.
- Loser buys.
- Gift cards.
- Charity donations.
How can I bet with friends?
So I put together a list of things I’ve bet on with friends over the years.
5 Ways to Gamble for Fun With Your Friends
- 1 – Bet On Individual Sporting Events. …
- 2 – Put Together a Friendly Poker Game. …
- 3 – Weekly Pool of Games. …
- 4 – Euchre. …
- 5 – High Low.
What sport is easiest to bet on?
Sports betting – 10 easiest sports to bet on and win
- Tennis. Yes! …
- Basketball. You don’t have to know much about basketball to guess the winners easily. …
- Hockey. Hockey is one of the easiest sports to bet on. …
- Cricket. Cricket betting is like basketball a quite easy to win. …
- Horse racing. …
- Football. …
- Combat sports. …
Do bookies want the Favourite to win?
Equally, bookmaking is much more complex than laying all the favourites for as much as they can and then simply waiting for them to be beaten to get rich. So in some cases, bookies want the favourite to win and in other cases, they do not.
How do you bet slang in a sentence?
“Bet” means “okay,” and is often used to agree with someone. For example, if someone asked, “Can we go to the pool tomorrow afternoon,” their friend might reply with “Bet!”
Where did the slang bet come from?
It was a street language among the blacks in Brooklyn and Bronx in the 1980’s when gangsters and drugs were the order of the day. The word “Bet” used to mean a confirmed deal or a done deal as in the phrase “You Bet”.
What are the most popular slang words?
- Dope – Cool or awesome.
- GOAT – “Greatest of All Time”
- Gucci – Good, cool, or going well.
- Lit – Amazing, cool, or exciting.
- OMG – An abbreviation for “Oh my gosh” or “Oh my God”
- Salty – Bitter, angry, agitated.
- Sic/Sick – Cool or sweet.
- Snatched – Looks good, perfect, or fashionable; the new “on fleek”
What should I bet online with friends?
It’s simply a place for you to start when you’re looking for something to bet on.
- Great Online Sites to Gamble With Friends. …
- 1 – Pitch Quarters. …
- 2 – Bet on Sports. …
- 3 – Poker. …
- 4 – Craps. …
- 5 – Acey Deucy. …
- 6 – Flip a Coin. …
- 7 – Liar’s Poker.
What are good punishments for losing bets?
losing the bet is the punishment for losing the bet.
Here’s some ideas:
- streak down the block.
- eat a whole jalapeno.
- drink 2 cups of heavy whipping cream.
- stand in a freezer for 10 minutes.
- skinny dip.
- do 2 drops of ghost pepper extract.
- push a car down the block.
- eat a raw egg.
What is mates bet?
Bet With Mates is a product feature that allows Sportsbet customers to create a Group, pool their funds and bet on behalf of the Group. Bet With Mates is only available to customers with a valid Sportsbet account.